Trades Recognition is a pathway to a Nationally recognised qualification if you already have the experience, skills and knowledge required by industry for your trade. Benefits include:
- Requirement to get your trade contractor licence
- Helping you re-enter the workforce or be promoted
- Improving your chances of winning that job
- Getting recognition for further study
- Being qualified to employ and train apprentices
- Reducing the cost and time it takes to complete or achieve a qualification
WHO CAN APPLY FOR TRADES RECOGNITION?
Any person with at least four (4) years experience who believes they have the skills and experience of a qualified tradesperson.
HOW MUCH DOES TRADES RECOGNITION COST?
The fees vary depending on your trade and eligibility for Government Funding. You will be provided with a cost prior to enrolment.
HOW LONG DOES TRADES RECOGNITION TAKE?
The process takes between 2 – 6 weeks. This depends on how long it takes you to collect and gather the required evidence with your assessor.